Thursday, December 14, 2017

Dasto demo tracks available again for the first time


DASTO - ASS PLANET FUCKING FIRE ME - DEMO (2006)


For the first time in nearly 12 years I have re-released the incredibly rare and shameful Dasto demo tape Ass Planet Fucking Fire Me.

I recorded these songs during a particularly lousy summer in 2006 not knowing how to play guitar, write songs, or even record music.  At the time, I only shared these tracks with close friends and family, and all of them were incredibly supportive of me quitting music entirely.  I definitely should have listened to them.  MySpace was still popular back then.

This is where it all began for me and subsequently never went anywhere either.  Let my story serve as an inspirational cautionary tale for any aspiring young musicians out there looking to break into the highly lucrative and fulfilling market of ambient music composition.

Don’t try this at home.  Leave the dreaming to the professionals.  Get a MySpace account before it’s too late.

No comments: